Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cabin Fever

This morning there is at least 2 inches of ice on the drive covered with another 2 inches of fluffy white snow. They declared a Level 3 and that means only emergency and snow removal vehicles are allowed out on the roads. Everything has been canceled. Schools are closed and I imagine so is everything else. I went out and tried to budge the snow and ice but my efforts were a complete waste of time. We have been so lucky, the power has remained on during all this and we are staying warm.


Yesterday I took the camera out and snapped a few pics. It remains relatively unchanged today only the snow in the pic has a hard and icy crust. The sun did peek out a bit and it was WONDERFUL. Out in the front I did manage to chip some of the ice down to the blacktop drive and when the sun hits that it will melt off fast. I just know that some things in this life are tougher than we are and at my age it is best to just leave nature take it's course.
The prickly Bayberry Bush at the corner of the garage with ice frozen in the center.










1 comment:

  1. stay warm and safe....mr golden sun will do the work...although your bayberry bush does look lovely....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~