Thursday, February 17, 2011

Just A Head's Up

This day is winding down and I have received the addresses of the gals who won the mugs. I will get them in the mail in the next day or so, but definitely by the weekend and they can expect their packages sometime this next week :)

I have jazzed up my blog pages a bit. I hope the new font is easy enough for everyone to read. We have had a busy week and today was the 4th day in a row that we have run to appointments and obligations. My husband had an eye exam on Wednesday and while he was in doing that I checked out some yarn at a local store. I bought 6 skeins of CARON SIMPLY SOFT in a color called GREY HEATHER. ( I apologize before hand for the poor color quality of my snap shots. Late evening and artificial lighting just wasn't the best combo for good photos). I have worked with this yarn before and it is definitely very soft and easy to knit or crochet ( I needed more yarn like another hole in the head, lol). As I left my eyes scanned the yarns and beautiful colors, I wondered, "Do we really possess the yarn, or does it possess us?"


Then the isle where they have all the ribbon and because I can never make up my mind, and there was quite a variety to choose from, I picked up a few spools.......I know, I know, a few usually means just 3, so I stretched the truth a bit and there was actually many more........but the colors were so very eye-catching and they just seemed to jump right into the shopping cart......hummmmm........   


As you can see I have quite the collection. I did consider my friend Jeanie's suggestion to use a polka dot ribbon for the trimmings on the baby items. I even found a pretty light green gingham. The photos do not do the colors justice. The 4 spools of ribbon on the upper right are actually a pretty shade of lavender.



There is no excuse now for not completing the crocheted set. I just need to find some free time and get started. I am sure it wouldn't take more than an hour to finish it all up. Next time I do a post on my pages I promise to be able to say, "It's Done!"

I leave all of you creative people with good wishes today and always. Take care, and God Bless You All ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~