Saturday, February 12, 2011

Update on Crocheted Baby Set

You know that feeling you get when you have been working on a project for what seems like forever and you are finally seeing the finish line.......well, that's how I'm feeling right now. I finished all the crochet work on the shell baby shawl/afghan, the matching sweater and bonnet. I sat last night while watching a bit of TV and tucked all the loose tails in and sewed up the little seams on the sleeves. I still need to dig around in my button jar and find some buttons that will compliment the piece. Of course I need a ton of narrow ribbon to decorate it and give it that special finishing touch. The original pattern calls for the bonnet to have pom poms. I'm still debating about that. I promise I will post a pic soon on the completed set.

In the meantime I have been traveling the pages of many of your blogs and like a voyager I peek in and see what is going on with you. I can not rave enough about attic24, dear Lucy and her colorful world. She was my inspiration to start blogging and I will be forever grateful to her. She is working on the most beautiful motif and making a shawl. Check her out when you get time at http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ 

Another blog worth checking out is my friend Jeanie over at Getting Started. She has some yummy recipes and you should check out her sweet tiny pincushions. They are adorable! I know she would love to have you visit her at http://mimibabyyow.blogspot.com/

Other than that I have been busy running all week with my husband and meeting obligations for his doctor appointments and treatments. He is doing well and so far his doctors are so pleased with his progress. He is doing so well that he dodged the bullet and doesn't have to undergo dialysis. His renal diet is working and so is the chemo. I thank all of you who said a prayers for him and this family as we continue on with life and it's challenges. We are blessed in so many ways. I never forget that, ever.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to know the progress of your husband. My prayer to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear hubby is doing well. Thanks for the advertisment LOL...hugs, Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your baby crochet project all finished. Glad to know you're doing some hooky stuff. It's great therapy, right? I, too, am always inspired by Attic 24...Lucy's a rockstar. So happy to hear that hubby is responding well to his treatments. Always have hope, Suzanne! Have a good week :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~