Thursday, March 17, 2011

Quiet Day, Do'in A Bit of This & That

Some days just need to be days of quiet and happy ramblings, doing little chores that no one ever notices unless they don't get done. I am doing what I call "tying up the loose ends". I use to say that when I was actively working as a nurse. I would do my 8 or 12 hour shift and spend the last couple of hours finishing up all those things that came after patient care, like finishing up my charting, or restocking the medication cart, and definitely checking again on the well-being of my patients, making sure they were safe and comfortable. Those work habits carry on over in my home life. As the day winds down so do I. The loose ends I am tying today are washing down the remaining 3 walls in this sewing room and crocheting the border on the Granny's Daughter Afghan. Yes, last evening I did get all the loose ends woven from where the strips were sewn together. All of you crocheters and knitters know the feeling of seeing the light at the end of a yarn project especially one that has taken awhile to complete. In my case it was a good 2 years of this particular UFO being hidden out of sight, but not out of mind. I will need to lightly block it as well, using a damp old towel and the steam iron. I am a tight crocheter and this will help my stitches to relax and lay better. Tomorrow I will try and post photos. We have glorious sunshine and a bit warmer weather. Excuse my ramblings.......I must now grab some soap water and a rag and attend to my patient walls......a bit of Spring cleaning.......have a lovely day ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~