Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Just touching base with all of my friends today. Another cold and rainy day here in Northwest Ohio. It is one of those days that makes you want to curl up in a nice warm blanket with a good book, watch a movie, or grab your needlework. I do have a good book to read, a gift from my youngest daughter Meghan, a book I requested for Mother's Day. I have been checking it out and wondering what yummy dish to try.


And I do have a movie ( Donnie Darko) to watch, it arrived in the mail today. I understand it is a strange movie. For some reason I am in the mood to watch strange and hard to follow movies. Yesterday it was Doran Gray, you know, where the portrait gets older and he doesn't. It was the revised version (2009) and it was creepy. I do not recommend it for the faint of heart and it does have adult content.


And then I also have my crochet. All those pink granny squares in the pic below will make a pair of slippers like the one you see in the above pic. It may not look like much, but you just wait, give me another day or two and you will like what you see. The older slipper is one of two pair that my mil made for me and I have had them for years, they wear like leather and fit nicely like a sock and keep your feet warm. They have survived numerous washings and abuse. My son-in-law saw them on my feet on Sunday and asked me to make him a pair in Steelers colors, and another pair in Michigan team colors. I looked at my oldest daughter and asked her if she wanted a pink pair and she said, "Of course!"...........


Can't wait to show them to you when they are finished. I think I will put pom-poms on her pair or maybe a crocheted flower. Also here is a web site that I ran across back in winter and do suggest you check it out. This artist is amazing and what she does with crochet is awesome. So if you find a free moment go to http://www.joanavasconcelos.com/english/home.html   and when you get to the home page click on the WORK floating tab. The years I thought to be most interesting were 2005, 2006, and 2008, although they are all good. Make sure you check out the piano. Enjoy! ♥

1 comment:

  1. Will this rain ever end? I've been home from my trip to Florida for 3 weeks and I think it's only been sunny 2-3 days. I have to admit a day curled up with a quilt reading and watching movies sounds like something that could make the weather doable. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~