Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wonderful Saturday :)

I had a very good Saturday evening and I just have to yack a bit about it. Spent some time with my oldest daughter Rachael and a couple of friends and we went to a place called The Spaghetti Warehouse in Toledo Ohio. We had the best lasagna. An added bonus was that we had coupons for a buy one meal, get a second one free. The restaurant has an atmosphere that can't be beat. The booths are made with old time beds, the head boards and foot boards that is, and there is what was once a train car that is inside the dining area and it is equipped with seating. Come to think of it, it could be an old time dining car, only reminds me more of a trolley-type rail car.  There are Tiffiney-style lights and huge stained glass windows. The service was fast and our waiter was super friendly and on the ball with serving us.  Sorry about the quality of the warehouse pic.                       

Then after we had our meal we went to the Huntington Center for the awesome performance of Cirque du Soleil's Alegria. For 2 years I have wanted to see them perform, ever since watching a program on our PBS station about this group that comes from Canada. They are completely AWESOME!!!!! and I would go and watch them again if the chance comes. I wish I could describe them, but my description would be inadequate. One just has to go and see for themselves. It was great to diviate from the routine around this house. The only thing that could have made the evening better would have been had my youngest daughter been able to attend, but she had to work. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~