Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Feel Good Moment, Thank You Debi Y


Imagine my surprise when I saw that fellow blogger Debi Y (you can find her here) had passed on an award to me. I know some folks don't care to fool with awards. I think we all try and respect their desire to be "Award Free". I consider an award a  good thing and grateful that someone out there feels my blog is worth reading. There are some days I don't feel I am interesting enough, some days when I let feelings rule my thoughts and heart. My last intent is to bore someone out there to tears. But I try to care about others and be true to myself. My blog is such a mixed bag of tricks and originally I did not intend for it to be anything but crafty endeavors. It evolved into all sorts of things for I consider myself a well-rounded person. I have too many likes in my life to focus on only 1 thing. My life is truly like the patchwork quilt I speak of. So thank you Debi for adding me to the blogs you enjoy and I hope I can continue being interesting enough to keep you coming back. I understand with this award I need to post 7 things about myself, so here goes:

1.) I was born in West Berlin, West Germany, long before the infamous Berlin Wall came down. I came to the USA when I was just 3 years old and became a naturalized citizen in my early 30's. I was thrilled when that wall was torn down!

2.) I am the mom of 2 grown daughters. My first child was born after only 3-4 hours of labor, and she was born 15 minutes before the doctor arrived.

3.) I use to do craft shows with my friend Lora. It was a great way to meet other people who share the same love of handmade things. It was hard work setting things up and tearing them down, but spending the days with one of my best friends was great. We had a lot of laughs.

4.). I have a fear of heights. Just seeing a picture of someone looking over a cliff makes me cringe.

5.) I never learned to swim. I hate water in my face and up my nose. This is my one regret.

6.) I spent last fall making chemo caps as a charitable gift to give to a cancer center, only to find out in January that my own husband had cancer. One brought me happiness, the other great sorrow. The irony.

7.) I never meet a stranger. I can talk to anyone about any subject. I try to respect their beliefs even if they don't jive with my own. I love people, but I love quiet days at home, away from the maddening crowd.

 So there you have it, several things about me. ♥

6 comments:

  1. Congrats Susanne. You deserve. I know more about you now. You're thoughtfulness and have a kind and considered manner. Your patchwork, the African flowers are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Susanne - I'm glad I made you smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanne, I am so happy you got a well deserved award. I have loved learning more about you and I love your blog. It is filled with honesty which is perfect.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I just got your mesage. I wrote out your row and I am a bit confused. M1 means make one. That is a given but what I can't understand is if the m should be a make 1 or if the m stands for marker. Sometimes in a pattern they will say pm for place marker of sm for slip marker. They usually don't say m just for marker. Did you have to place a marker earlier in the pattern? Hold on I will be right back I have to check your row again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, back again. I added up all your stitches and I think the m is a make 1 but they didn't write it correctly. If I add all the stitches up including your two m's as make 1's then I get 57 which should be the stitch count at the end of the row. Does the pattern change every row? If it does you should be able to see if you are doing the right thing by the shift in the pattern. Sort of like reading your knitting. Am I making any sense at all? Try the m as a make 1 and see how it goes.
    Wishing you lots of luck, let me know how it works out.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great I am so glad you got it figured out. I can't stand it when patterns are not written correctly. Can't wait to see the finished project.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~