Monday, October 31, 2011

The Second African Flower Blanket

This is long over due.
How many weeks have I been promising to post a photo anyways,
too many for sure.
So I gathered up my last big project and the camera,
I headed outside before the sun went down.


 I started snapping pictures, several in fact.


I started thinking how amazing it is to make something 
pretty and useful from a bag of scraps.


This is the most color my back yard has seen all year.


Since I made this I have done a pretty crocheted shawl 
and I knitted scarf for my daughter. She wants to give them as
gifts to her best friend for Christmas.
I have also been knitting several more dishrags.
I like doing them because they are a quick and easy 
project, something that is almost mindless
when it comes to requiring
constant checking of a pattern. Sometimes I just need "easy" if you know what I mean. 

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous. I love the colors, they fit perfectly together. I can't believe you have completed so many projects! Where are you finding all the time?
    Happy Halloween.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful. Great work putting all the different colors together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so pretty, the colors look amazing! Looks lovely hanging on the porch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clicked on a link from The Garden Bell and just had to leave a comment. I really love hexagons and this blanket is so beautiful. The colours are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! I don't see any two alike. Love all the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~