Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Book Mystery Solved & Thank You

A big THANK YOU to Faith of Crochet By the Sea 
(you can find her here ).
She came to visit my blog and left to research 
a pattern from the old worn out crochet book.
Not only did she find the pattern but she also tipped 
me off to the origin of the book.
It had no identifiers so I was clueless.
Faith was very resourceful and Found out the 
pattern was one from The Spool Cotton Company.
 I Googled this, and that led me to of course, 
where else, but Ebay. 
THERE IT WAS! 
The Complete Book of Crochet
by Elizabeth Mathiason
published by the Spool Cotton Company in 1946.
It is always great to find out that there are 
some things that are older than me and
actually it is 5 years older than me.
I have never heard of the Spool Company before.
The copy on Ebay was over $35 but it 
was described as being in a decent shape.
It even had a cover, lol.
I doubt that my copy would fetch more than 
the $5 my mil paid for it way back when.
But to me it is still priceless
and indeed a treasure.
Thank you again Faith. 
Blogger friends are the best!
~♥~ 

3 comments:

  1. That's great Susanne - I'm glad that Faith was able to help you. Your book is a real treasure to have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is neat that Faith found the title of your book. I was wondering myself when I read your earlier post. Enjoy your day and happy crocheting. Heather

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~