Sunday, August 16, 2015

Organizing/Removing All the Clutter & Trixie Belle


I love this dog, my little Trixie Belle. She will be 10 years old on September 4th. We all know what that age would be in dog years, 60 years, little old lady. I took this picture of her some years ago. She is grayer now, especially around the muzzle. She is slower too, of course. I have to take all that into consideration when I let her in and out. My dogs are not allowed down in the yard. They get treated for heart worm but last year Chewy came in with a tick. They have never had fleas. I have the medication to treat them but do not like applying it. I have an aversion to chemicals. Giving them the heart worm medication is bad enough, mosquitoes fly, they can still get at my dogs. We went all the way to the other side of Indiana to get her. She was about the size of your fist. She had a bit of a cough and came with a bottle of medicine. I fussed over her like a mom would her small child. I still do. The life span of these dogs can be 14-15 years. 

Last evening was spent at the ER. Mom fell at the nursing home and dislocated her new hip. They tried to pop it back in but was unsuccessful. Her surgeon was out of town, his associates were unavailable, so they shipped her by ambulance to Toledo. They got the hip back in place without doing surgery. She will remain there for 24 hours and then back to the nursing home. Those who thought she would be safe to go home or to an assisted living are seeing things a bit more clearly now. I have thought all along she was not safe to go home and way past appropriate for assisted living environment. Things do not look so good for her. She does not follow instructions and I am sure her comprehension is at a low point. She does not want to eat the wholesome healthy foods for her nutrition, but prefers the sweets. At this rate she will not get stronger. 

I mentioned in my post heading that I am doing some organizing and removing the clutter. On and off I work on my sewing/craft room. I'm sure you are thinking, "when will she ever get that done?" Well, since I have been basically pecking away at this little by little, I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. The room is small, there is not a whole lot of places to store stuff and I am still relying on totes. There is a closet that is jam packed with all sorts of things, and more totes. Getting to a bottom tote requires moving the ones on top and what a headache that can be. That is where I often get myself into trouble especially if I am in a hurry and don't put everything back the way it was. Heck, I have to snap a pic just to see how I had it all in there at the start. The clutter removal, well, I ran into 2 more blogs that were made private and so I removed them promptly. That brings the total to 3 so far. I refuse to clutter up my sidebar with useless stuff. 

That is how things are going for me on this Sunday. I did so little yesterday that I considered that my Sabbath, plus I spent 4 hours at the ER with mom, my one brother and his wife. I got home late and got to bed at 3am. I was up by 7:30 this morning. I will be wrapping it up soon in my sewing room and I think I will give Trixie a good brushing. I will have to pen Chewy up because he gets all rowdy because it always has to be about him. He can be a royal pain in the butt.

Happy Blessed Sunday to all of you.
♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. Life is like that, pet getting old, mom getting more care. Wish all will be on track with hectic. Wish you a nice time if the weather allows, enjoy your plants and the greenery. Love from Terriea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your poor mom! What an ordeal! I'm glad your family is understanding where she should be now. Your dog is a doll. I'm glad you took off the "invitation only" blogs.. those peeve me. Say, you can set your blog roll to put the newest posts at the top so you can see who posted more easily. I really like that so I can comment on new posts. We are back from the lake, new post is up! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
~WRITE IT ON YOUR HEART................
THAT THE ONES YOU LOVE ARE LIFE'S MOST PRECIOUS GIFTS~